Need help learning how to use a smartphone, tablet or other new tech tool? Have questions about email, writing a document, or setting up on social media? The library is here to help!
We offer free, 30 minute one-on-one tech help by appointment: we can give guidance on basic technology questions, and if your issue is beyond our skills we’ll try to find outside help for you. We offer appointments on the following days/times:
Mondays-9:30am, 10:00am, and 10:30am
Tuesdays-3:00pm, 3:30pm, and 4:00pm
Give us a call at (262) 723-2678 to make your appointment. If we can’t answer your questions in one session, you’re welcome to make multiple appointments!
Topics Librarians can help with:
- Library orientation including a tour & website/catalog overview
- Basics of using a computer
- Essentials of Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Getting an email address
- Using email more effectively (i.e. attachments, folders, etc)
- Using the library’s online research tools & databases
- Online job search
- Introduction to Facebook/Twitter
- Basics of using a mobile device or tablet
- Finding your next great read!
Things Librarians are NOT able to help with:
- Advise or direct you regarding medical, legal, or financial decisions. This includes anything with credit cards.
- Provide technical support for personal electronic devices (i.e. hardware/software installation or setup, data recovery, virus/malware removal, security settings, etc). We can only provide troubleshooting for library resources.
- Type or proofread documents.
- Tutor or provide academic instruction.